12.2.14

Seventh Heaven..

Located along Wilmslow Road in Rusholme, the Curry Mile in Manchester is world famous thanks largely to the sheer number of restaurants and take aways. It's claimed there are over 70 Asian takeaways, shish cafes, sweet houses and restaurants in Rusholme within less than a mile stretch. There's a massive choice of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Persian restaurants.


























Delhi Sweet Centre (137 Wilmslow Road) sells a variety of confectionery items including sweets, chocolates and gum.


Window Display


Different kinds of sweets
Interior decoration
























As I confessed, I have a sweet-tooth. Can you blame me? The delicious variety available is too much to resist! Indian desserts are made with ingredients ranging from fruits and vegetables to grains and legumes! Here are some made predominantly with milk and milk products. One of the dishes that I have tried was Rasgulla. Soft, spongy balls of cottage cheese soaked in chilled sugar syrup.... Nicely made Rasgulla melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting more...always! On the way to home, I took some more pictures of greengrocer's. I found vegetables and fruits very interesting as I can make a lot of combinations with colours for my project.





No comments:

Post a Comment