10.2.14

One of the worst things in my life - BAKERIE

The third restaurant which I visited was the BAKERIE. The BAKERIE bread & wine bar prides itself in serving, from their open plan kitchen a daily selection of delicious freshly made bread and a mouth-watering range of home baked fare such as the classic rarebit, hot tasty stews and the now infamous Bakerie boards. Housing an eclectic wine selection serving 24 wines by the glass and over 70 by the bottle,the bakerie also has a fully stocked bar with great real ales, continental lagers a mix of contemporary cocktails so there really is something to suit all tastes. With friendly and unpretentious service the venue houses communal benches, making it the perfect place to sit, break bread, share wine and pass the time. There are more intimate tables for two and also three large booths available for private hire. The BAKERIE offers a chilled-out dining experience with some great music and is also family friendly with atoddler menu available until 7pm. The BAKERIE menu is suitable for gluten, dairy free and vegan diners. Look out for wine tasting events and bread making classes which take place in our class room at the Bakerie wine store.
The entrance

The window display

The Menu





The interior decoration



Stemming from those behind the Bakerie and located just seconds behind it in the city’s Northern Quarter, Pie & Ale is a no-nonsense gastro-pub which can still do battle with any other trendy restaurant in the area. Walking through the main entrance towards the bar, it feels as though you’ve stumbled through the kitchen and are lucky enough to get a sneak-peak at the goods being rustled up for eligible punters – it’s a great first impression. Steaming pies fresh out of the oven with glistening pastry and the unmistakeable aroma of fresh bread greet you at the door, and surely it’s only the hip surroundings which stop each customer bursting into a verse of “fooooood, glorious fooooooood.” Surely. Anyway, as a spin-off of the Bakerie, Pie & Ale is similarly laid out with sleek wooden benches and bar tops, with a handy blackboard around the wall detailing the offers and pies of the day.

The Menu Card


Me and my friends were very hungry not only physically... we were hungry for new experience. As I mentioned in my previous posts - I am a picky eater. I never try new things. I am accustomed to my mum's cuisine. Most of her dishes are based on traditional Polish cuisine. That is why I decided to try something new so I ordered prawns. I am not convinced to the seafood that is why I have never tried it before.









Freshly baked foccacia topped with oven baked garlic and herb prawns served with fennel & green olive tapenade and a wedge of lemon
OMG... It was the worst thing in my life. I won't definitely add this dish to my favourite list. I just tried it once and I will never try it again. The one thing which I like in it is its presentation. It is just awesome. These prawns are decorated with fruits and vegetables which makes the prawns looking better. I took a lot of pictures with my camera. In my opinion, they look very professional. The blurry effect on the background I got thanks to my Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G lens. I found this place very interesting and unique. I got there so many different experiences which I will remember for the rest of my life. The main dish wasn't my favourite one but I think that the presentation and style of it are great inspirations for my project. Thanks to very kind and friendly people who are working there I got to know many interesting things about this place. For example that they are baking their own breads every single day. It is very original, isn't it?


The restaurant's owner

Fresh made bread before baking

No comments:

Post a Comment