23.2.14

Borough Market

Today I decided to visit the Borough Market. The Borough Market is a wholesale and retail food market in Southwark, Central London, England. It is one of the largest and oldest food markets in London, and sells a large variety of foods from all over the world. It is totally different place than Harrods and Selfridges, it allowed me to gained a variant experience in this place. The Market was very crowded but nevertheless the place made you feel like being in your own local community. Everyone was so kind and even some sellers were trying to have a chat with me. I found here many inspirations for food presentations. I found it very simple. All food was laid out on the table or in wooden crates or wicker baskets. However it does not matter as it worked well with the environment it was in. What about food? It was just incredible! There was lot of different kinds of food. I have seen many street food cooking. And the smells..... unworldly feeling! I cannot find words to describe it... I would strongly recommend this place for tourists. It is totally different. You won't regret it!!!
Fresh Juices

Fruit and vegetables section

Turkish delights
Fruit and vegetable section

Different kind of breads

No comments:

Post a Comment